WHAT OUR CLIENTS HAVE TO SAYREFERENCES
It is indeed a pleasure to write a reference for Cathy Pashley, Manager of North Shore Body Corporate Specialists, because it is not too often one has the opportunity to put words to paper about such a conscientious, hard-working and highly skilled professional leader in a challenging and demanding industry.
I believe I am well placed to pass judgement on Cathy having held Executive positions on Body Corporate Committees for over thirty years in a number of building complexes both in Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast. During this time, I have worked with a number of Body Corporate Managers, handling many complex and challenging issues including the full range of compliance, maintenance, legislative and financial matters. However, only one Manager has struck me as a first-class professional far exceeding my expectations and leading me to conclude here is a leader with so much to offer the Body Corporate industry. Cathy Pashley is by far the most competent, committed and reliable Body Corporate Manager I have ever worked with.
Let me explain why…
About 4 years ago the Body Corporate Committee of Alexandra on the Pacific felt the need to improve the quality of service and the value for money we were receiving from our Body Corporate Manager. Changing Body Corporate Managers is no easy task. We needed to do our homework. We identified a large number of available companies and carefully analyzed what each had to offer. Interestingly we found most of them were very similar to the Company we already had. However, North Shore Body Corporate Specialists were refreshingly different in terms of their cost structure as well as their operational and management procedures. Here was a Company that was focused on a professional client service rather than excessive managerial detail and costly administrative practices. We decided to make the change. It was the best decision we could have made. No regrets whatsoever.
Cathy Pashley is the energy, creative influence, the architect and the driving force behind this innovative and progressive Body Corporate Company. She has developed a highly responsive and efficient team with excellent communication skills and the ability to take control and responsibility for a wide range of issues both large and small. As well as staff dealing with a wide range of general Body Corporate matters, Cathy has specialists engaged in various sections such as accounts and fire services, all of whom are well informed and readily accessible. Our Body Corporate Committee has had to deal with a considerable number of very demanding and quite challenging issues over the past 12 months. Some of these issues appeared to be quite insurmountable at times. However, Cathy took charge of all our challenges without hesitation and soon revealed her extensive range of skills, expertise and knowledge of the Body Corporate industry.
Let me highlight some of her special attributes that made a real difference to the success and achievements of our Body Corporate community:
1. Excellent negotiation and mediation skills – This is one of her outstanding qualities. Cathy has the ability to understand the strengths and weaknesses in people and how best to handle hostile environments between Managers, Owners and Committees. Not only does Cathy have an excellent grasp on how best to act but a very mature understanding of when best to proceed. her charming personality, confident interactive style and sensitivity towards the feelings of others give her a formidable strength in this area.
2. Extensive knowledge of the legislation – It is easy to have complete confidence in dealing with Cathy on complex issues because of her extensive and detailed knowledge of all relevant legislation. This has been very reassuring to us on several occasions in recent months.
3. A very businesslike approach to decision-making and correspondence – Cathy and her team have adopted a very impressive no-nonsense approach when addressing issues within the body corporate. They are quick to identify the key points of an issue and focus clearly and efficiently on resolving matters in a decisive and comprehensive manner.
4. A passion for resolving issues without delay – Cathy is highly motivated to deal with issues as soon as they arise. She likes to confront and address problems before they escalate and get out of hand. Her energy and enthusiasm for cutting through the unnecessary to achieve a successful and meaningful outcome area pleasure to observe. Members of our Body Corporate Committee are full of prize for the way Cathy deals with the agenda items at meetings. Cathy never fails to impress.
5. A large network of tradespeople and other specialists – Cathy and her Company have established a very comprehensive network of skilled and experienced tradesman to attend to maintenance and compliant issues in a reliable and timely manner. Cathy has taken the time to establish a good working relationship with many of these people and they respond by doing their best to satisfy her requests without undue delay. This has been a significant factor in helping us achieve our goals in a timely fashion and at lower costs.
6. Contactable at all times of the day – In the busy world in which we live today it is quite surprising to find someone as busy as Cathy being available at all times of the day including weekends. This is not a service to be abused but Cathy has readily given of her time after business hours to deal with several pressing issues confronting us from time to time. She has done this willingly and without hesitation.
In conclusion, let me reiterate I am writing about a very competent and highly experienced Body Corporate manager. Cathy Pashley is an outstanding professional in her field. I would strongly recommend her and her company to any Body Corporate seeking a first-class performance at fair and reasonable costs. Cathy and her team are a real pleasure to work with. They are a friendly switched-on group ready and willing to make life so much easier for Body Corporate Committees, resident Managers and individual owners. I wish her well in the future and hope we continue to experience her contributions to our complex for many years to come.
Dr Robert Hardingham
Chairperson – Alexandra on the Pacific
email – email@example.com