Kinds of personal information we collect and hold
Personal information is any information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
• whether the information or opinion is true or not, and • whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not. Types of personal information we generally collect may include:
• Names, addresses and contact details;
• For employment applications – past employment information, qualifications, information about residency status and proof of identity details.
How personal information is collected and held
When we need to collect personal information we will, in most cases, collect the information directly from you.
Unless we are required or permitted by law to collect sensitive personal information, such as health information, we will first obtain your consent.
We collect personal information that you submit when you are using our online services, including payment information or recruitment information processed by our service providers.
Your personal information is held in secure environments including computer systems and databases, paper records and telephone recordings. We may utilise related companies, agents and third party suppliers for data storage services. When you supply information via the internet, all information you submit is held securely and is not retained on our web servers. Credit card details submitted via our websites are processed through our service providers. Other information held on our systems cannot be accessed through the internet connection. Our online payment facilities are secure and the data, once collected, cannot be accessed through the internet.
Purposes for collecting, holding, using and disclosing personal information
We only collect personal information where it is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities. Where the personal information is sensitive – such as health and medical information – we will also obtain your consent before collecting the information unless we are permitted by law or an exception under the Act applies.
How we use and disclose your personal information
We will only use or disclose your personal information in ways that you would reasonably expect.
Who we may disclose your personal information to and why
We, or our authorised agent, may disclose your personal information to:
• any person authorised by you;
• a mail house, records management company or technology services provider (for printing and/or delivery of
mail and email, including secure storage and management of our records);
• an organisation that provides you with banking facilities (for the purpose of arranging direct debit or other
payment transactions or confirming payments made by you to us);
• a dispute resolution organisation such as the Body Corporate Commissioners office (for the purpose of resolving disputes between us and you or between you and a third party);
• a company who conducts surveys on our behalf for the purpose of improved customer services; and
Accessing and seeking correction of your personal information
Our aim is to always have accurate, complete, up-to-date and relevant personal information. When you receive policy levies, meeting agendas or minutes or other documents from us you should check that the information is correct. You may contact us to request access to your personal information that we hold at any time, and request us to correct any errors in that information. This can be done via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning (07) 5448 8725.